>> The purpose of CULTURABILITY BSR Phase 2 is to build, test and scale prototypes for good practices for culture and sustainability in the Baltic Sea Region. It will focus on three topical areas:
- Urban Social Inclusion
- Cultural and creative industries (CCI) and Cultural Tourism
- Digital Tools and Gaming
>> The activities of Culturability Phase 2 will include:
- nurturing BSR networks and cooperation for sharing knowledge, exchanging experiences and continuing dialogue on culture and sustainable development;
- developing concrete BSR projects (prototypes, methodologies of immediate use for scaling);
- maintaining a living lab sort of platform regarding urban development and social inclusion; social innovation through CCI
- and cultural tourism; and gaming and smart solutions for learning, connecting and engaging;
- providing consultancy for projects and initiatives;
- creating input to inspire and influence policy-making in the BSR;
- and using the project as a foundation to seek long-term BSR Interreg Funding.
>> Culturability Phase 2 is organised as a set of meetings and workshops in 2016 and 2017 with experts from cultural and non-cultural stakeholders, including policy-makers, academia and entrepreneurs from culture and creative sectors.
The 1st Meeting took place in Rendsburg on April 14 – 15, 2016. //more//
The 2nd workshop took place in Jūrmala, Latvia on Social Inclusion & Digital Tools & Gamification from Sept 28-29 2016. //more//
The 3rd workshop on Cultural Tourism took place in Vilnius from Oct. 27-28 2016. //more//
Team visits local partners and start the Cultural Mapping Project around the Baltic Sea Region 30.1 – 8.2 2017.
The 4th workshop on Cultural Tourism took place in Gdansk, Poland from Feb 2-3 2017.
The 5th workshop on Social Inclusion in Pori, Finland Mar 2-3 2017. //more//
The 6th workshop on Digital Tools & Gamification took place in Tallinn, Estonia on Mar 9-10 2017. //more//
The Final Meeting took place in Skåne, Sweden on Apr 2017. //more//
> Interreg. Baltic Sea Region Seed Money application for the project “Cultural planning as an innovative and collaborative tool for citizen participation in inclusive & sustainable city development in the BSR” is underway. The deadline for the application is Feb. 15 2017. The aim is to initiate a preparatory project that will lead to the planning of a bigger long-term project in the future. Furthermore, the aim is to enhance connecting people to each other and to government either through the institutions and actors at local level or through the better use of public spaces.
Culturability phase 2 is led by the Nordic Council of Ministers’ Office in Latvia in partnership with the Danish Cultural Institute,Ministry of Justice, Cultural and European Affairs of Schleswig-Holstein, Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of Poland, Ministry of Culture in Latvia, Region of Skåne, Pori City, ARS Baltica, Baltic Sea Cultural Centre Gdansk and other partners.